Declaration of Beliefs
The International Order of Egyptian Obediences was founded in 2016 by Brethren from both hemispheres of the earthly Globe as result of the situation of Freemasonry and other Initiatic Orders in these times. The goal of the I.O.E.O. is to bring Freemasonry back on its original forms, traditions, values, principles and goals, correcting what has been wronged in the last years.
To this end we, the Founding Members of the Order have redacted the following principles that are the unwavering foundation that will support our work for the restoration of Freemasonry and other Initiatic Orders to the sublime purpose they first had, without alteration, modification and misinterpretation.
- We believe that, Freemasonry is one of the most spread Initiatic Orders and its supreme goal is the betterment of Man and by it, society should be made better. Freemasonry works with symbols and allegories, grouped in various Rites and Degrees, transmitted to rituals that intend to elevate Man morally, spiritually, and materially. This can be achieved only by a correct understanding of the Craft and by the accurate use of unaltered rituals.
- We believe that, Freemasonry as a Brotherhood needs to help its members out with the strivings of mundane life and in obtaining the needed help everyone must have equal chances and all uphold the Masonic principle that those who give are not heightened by their actions as well as those who receive it are not humiliated or put down by it.
- We believe that, Freemasonry as a Spiritual Order must uphold the main principles of Faith in a Supreme Entity and the immortality of the Soul, as well the Three Great Lights should be present at any Masonic Workings, in any of its bodies.
- We believe that, Degrees, Titles, Offices and Distinctions must be given only by merit and proof of understanding and dedication to the Order and they should not be asked for but given by rigorous selection and invitation only. The prospects for such promotions need to express a character that does not harm in any way the respected degree, titles, offices, etc. he will receive, more then that he should bring honor to said titles and distinctions.
- We believe that, Freemasonry is Universal by its teachings, symbols, principles, philosophy, etc. but is national in respect to its effects on society. To this end, every Obedience and Order member of I.O.E.O. must respect the law of the Orients they are active in, must not conspire or complot against the Country or state its members are active. Each and every Obedience is sovereign in its territories and no other Initiatic Body, or even the I.O.E.O., can infringe such sovereignty.
- We believe that, Freemasonry is a gathering of respected Men, with good reputation and honorable intentions so no one must be permitted to enter if proof or uncleared suspicion of the contrary hovers over a Candidate.
- We believe that, the manifestations of Ego are counter-initiatic and such acts must not be tolerated in a Fraternal, Spiritual Order, may it be Masonic or other systems of initiation.
- We believe that, all other Initiatic Orders that promote and teach the improvement of the human condition, regardless of their origins, history, traditions, structures, initatic algorithms, etc. are to be considered valid by the I.O.E.O. and as many paths go to the top of the mountain, there should be no rivalry and contest among them. We advocate that there should be only cooperation and mutual respect.
- We believe that, the I.O.E.O. must be a platform of cooperation, communication, guidance and mutual support, intended to strengthen each and one of its member Obediences and Orders, so they revert from error and keep the straight path towards Light and Truth.
- The relationships between member Obediences and Orders, as well as membership status, are regulated by Treaties of Amity, Constitutions and regulations of I.O.E.O. and for the fees and donations, each year the Grand Officers of the I.O.E.O. will present a report of activity and spending.
For the above principles to be enforced the I.O.E.O. offers two main systems, as follows.
- For the Fraternal aspects of the Order, the I.O.E.O. offers a communication platform for its members; signes Treaties of Amity with the members and offers them the possibility to sign such documents among them-selves; offers for each member the necessary paperwork to freely be active in the frame of the Order; receives and transmits, shares, information of interest to and from its members.
- Regarding the Spiritual, Initiatic part of the Order, the I.O.E.O. shares Constitutions, Regulations, Rituals, Monitors, etc. with its members, between its members and from its members; has created a Mystery School under the mane of S.F.A.L.M.A. – Society of Brethren of the Egyptian Masonic Light with the purpose of organizing studies, teachings, seminaries, conferences, publish materials, information, and findings and supports research and studies of topics related to various Initiatic Tradition; consecrated researchers, respected in their fields as authorities will be helped to organize events so they can share their knowledge with members interested in those topics, virtually and phisicaly.
We hope and sincerely believe that with the help of its members and the unconditional upholding of these principles, the mistakes of the Past can be corrected, and the respected Orders can be brought back on the right pat, so each and every one of them can accomplish its purpose and original objectives.
With the utmost respect and fraternal regards,
The Grand Officers of the International Order of Egyptian Obediences.